Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Too Little Too Late

A few years back, I wronged a girl. A sister, if you will. She handled it beautifully, and said something that has sat with me since then. I introduced myself to her, innocently - and believing that I had all the power - she responded simply with "I know who you are."

I am deeply sorry. My only excuse is youth, inexperience - I didn't yet know what it was to have your heart broken. I hope it's not, but I'm sure the sting is there. Years after I've moved on and found blissful happiness. And I did that.

It's among about 3 things in my life that I truly regret, and absolutely the most heinous of the three.

I am so deeply sorry. I wish I could say it to you.

You gave me the tools to find forgiveness and understanding. I thank you for that. This week I've found the way to forgiveness, to peace. To understanding. It's a hard lesson to learn and tough pill to swallow and every other cliche out there - but I've found it. After hurting in the way that I hurt you.

Thank you, and I'm sorry, N.

No comments: