Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thank you's

Periodically, I resolve to say "thank you" for something every day. It was part of my new year's resolution to do it, and write it down everyday...I did that for about 3 months, but I do still remember to lift up a silent "thank you" MOST days!

However, today I thought I'd send out some of those THANK YOU's to the ether...or wherever this internet goes :)

Thank you for plenty of work, and work that I love (most of the time). I know that times are particularly rough right now, and I am so grateful. Thank you for my sisters, who have exciting things going on left and right, and make me proud. Thank you for my beloved, and for almost 4 years of loving, and standing side by side. Thank you for an incredible family of friends, all strong, peaceful, beautiful people. Thank you for beautiful family who share my blood, and all the memories we carry together. Thank you for bringing me to a place like Colorado, full of all of nature's glory. Thank you for a steady stream of guests in our home, and for the ability to buy our own house this year, beginning the creation of a warm home to offer up. Thank you for books borrowed and lent, and the exchange of knowledge. Thank you for friends lost along the way, for all of the strength and goodness they've offered to enrich my life. Thank you for a wide world to explore and enjoy. Thank you for art, particularly, of course, for theatre to open our eyes, and feed our souls. Thank you for all the excitement of new babies, and new unions that the future is holding. Thank you for an exceptional adaptation of Maurice Sendak's WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE by Spike Jonze, and for a night off to share it with beloved. Thank you for cell phones and the internet which are frustrating and sometimes feel overly complicated, but which do keep me connected to so many dear people. Thank you for a full, busy life, and for moments of peace to keep us grounded. Thank you for our darling kitty, Tres, for the laughter and joy that he brings our home. Thank you for a refrigerator full of food, and for the lack of want that has always surrounded my life. Thank you for the simple joy of a cup of coffee first thing on a cold morning. Thank you for my trusty car, Morgan, for holding up for so long, and seeing me through more than a few adventures. Thank you for live music, and dancing your ass off; letting your spirit sing out. Thank you for my rich montage of memories, and the lessons they offer up to me. Thank you for humour, and wit, and most of all, for laughter. Thank you for the gift of good health. Thank you for the long line of babies, children, and young people that life has provided me. Without them, I would never get out of my head. Thank you for almost 30 years of a gorgeous life, and to the ones ahead...as many as there may be, and full of mystery, Thank you.

Well, that sure feels good. Thank you for reading.

No comments: