Thursday, May 29, 2008

Salut!

I need to take just a minute to give the universe and every person in it a big hug! There are so many brilliant quotations running through my head right now...

"I've always relied on the kindness of strangers..." - Tennessee Williams

"At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you" Goerthe

Just a very few short months ago - I sat at a table with three brilliant artists and dear friends, including my very own most beautiful beloved - and we decided that now was the right time, we were going to leap in and commit to producing our own play and taking it to festival in...IRELAND! You get the right people together, at the right time, and magic happens.

From that point, B. and I started our own production company - Pure High Arts, LLC - and we sat down to raise some money. Tomorrow night is our very first fundraiser - A Night with the Zoo - we're hosting a benefit and without nonprofit status or a name that anyone (yet!) recognizes - we've already been donated a space, wine, terrific local beer from Breckenridge Brewery , and food by one of my favorite Denver restaurants - Dazzle Restaurant and Jazz. On top of that, we've had almost 30 outstanding prizes donated for a drawing that will last all night - AND we've put together a promotional video on the project. Friends and family have been pouring in with their support, both financial, emotional, and word of mouth - AND yesterday we had our very first press in the Westword - an excellent Denver newspaper!

The people that have opened their hearts to us, giving their skills, their time, and their money astound me. The buzz that this has already generated, and the amazing creative impetus that is swirling all around us amaze me. I am so grateful, so thankful - and so certain that this project is exactly the right thing at the right time. I hope you will all join us on this journey to create the art that we want to see -

And hey - at the end of the day - as if all of this isn't enough - I'm going to Ireland to put on a play that I directed!

...speaking of directing, on another note - I'm also directing a short piece for the TCG conference in two weeks! ACK! I thought moving to Denver was about getting to finally be with my beloved...who knew that it would turn out to be the city of my dreams!

No comments: