Thursday, May 22, 2008

Collateral Damage

The truth will set you...

Free? Really? Or scared? Or lost...currently, the truth has set me lost. The search for truth. The desire for honesty. What is truth really? Isn't it *true* that each person's truth, by nature of our humanity, is going to differ? Then how does one discern when one is being lied to?
Why are we so afraid of being lied to? Because then we won't KNOW?! HA! Whoever gets to know anything absolutely. And how much duality is their to truth?

I remember having a conversation with Kelly and Seth on my mamma's front porch back in high school, we didn't fall asleep for one minute that night - just sat in the hammock, smoking our cloves and discussing TRUTH...and all things related.

Now here I am - 11 or so years later, and I'm no closer to understanding than I was that night. Sheesh - what a waste, I should have gotten some sleep! :) At least I quit smoking cloves. :)

I feel all discombobulated. I don't know what to think, or how to feel. I don't know how to stand on solid ground - how to not feel like every moment might bring some devastating new truth that will send me toppling down. I don't like this feeling, I'm very uncomfortable.

But I have the nagging sensation, somewhere deep down inside me - that MY TRUTH is the one that matters - the one that's going to lead me to that terra firma.

Still, I can't help but wonder - what is it that we're hiding from? Why do we hide from each other? If I know who I am, and I like who I am - and I feel or do something - what kind of sense does it make that I wouldn't be comfortable saying that I did it...I felt it?

Are we really just all hiding from ourselves? Is the rest of it collateral damage?

No comments: