Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Hanging on by the toenails.

I love my life. Everyday is a glorious surprise so full of delightful people and events...children who say beautiful things, new jobs, new experiences, finally the rich deep sun...I love my life.

But isn't it funny how somedays loving is such a given. You can't help but break into a giddy smile as you approach the airport...going just right AT the speed limit...there's no point in getting a ticket and further delaying your reunion...

And somedays it feels like every bone and muscle in you has given up on loving...is incapable. Just the basic exercise of remembering to smile at strangers, and keep that lilt in your voice while you talk to patrons - sending out all the love that you have into the universe, hoping against hope that by sending it out there, you might feel a little of it returned to you - refilling your coffers.

My coffers need refilling today. Bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my coffers were pretty empty yesterday too. I don't even know what coffers are, but i can tell by context clues that that they needed a refill. i love you sister, call me soon puh- lEAsE! and remember, we have each other. I'll fill your coffers anyday! I think...