Friday, April 4, 2008

I need a drink.

Or a Xanex...or something to still my world...

It's all so wonderful - the BEST things have been happening lately and I can't even stand it, it's all so heady and amazing. This blog is going to hardly be my literary best, but if I don't get some of these things out I just might burst.

So let's see...as you've heard - I'm wildly in love with the greatest man I've ever known. My best girl rocks and has some awesome news! :) I get to see 5 plays in one week. They are:
Gee's Bend - saw it, review to come soon
Frog & Toad - saw it, review to come soon
Dinner with Friends
Oleanna
The Merry Wives of Windsor
THEN...in the coming weeks we've also go tickets to Harvey...and we're going to see The Birthday Party...and Doubt. It's a good time for theatre.

So that's all great - but old news, right? Then, on top of that - I start teaching again tomorrow and I can't wait to be back with the little ones. I've added two new classes this session, so things promise to be challenging and exhilarating...

I've actually started making friends in Denver. ...and not just the kind where they're really B's friends, but it works out well that we all enjoy each others company either... some friends to have coffee or a drink with. Some friends to talk girl talk with.

TONIGHT - at midnight, I'm going to lose my Goonies virginity and see it on a big screen with a whole bunch of people who think it's cool to go see the Goonies at midnight on a Friday night. My kind of people indeed!

B. gave me roller skates for my birthday and they're AWESOME. I'm going skating soon - and I can't wait. I don't remember the last time I roller skated, but it was surely too long ago.

"SPRING IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER, TOAD!"

AND...the biggest and the most exciting news of all...we bought our tickets to Ireland today! B's performing in THE ZOO STORY in a tiny coastal town of Ireland with some other lovely Denver friends - and as of today, come hell or high water - we're going. Tickets are bought. We're going to Ireland in August! AWESOME.

In not so awesome news...my Uncle Danny suffered a pretty bad fall and is, as we say in MS, "tore up." They expect him to be unable to move really for about 10 weeks or so...so keep him, A.C. and the kiddos in your thoughts and prayers. They're pretty tough, and we're all so lucky that it wasn't worse - but they could certainly use some grace right about now.

Thanks for paying attention...play reviews and possibly some book reviews coming soon. Look out!

No comments: