Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I think I'm gonna like it here...

So my life is so full of networking right now - which is great, don't get me wrong! And Denver is a place teeming with brilliant, talented, passionate artists who I'm enjoying more and more everyday. The problem I'm having is, the more I network, the more amazing people I meet...who I have no time to actually hang out with and get to know, because I'm too busy networking! HA! It's not such a bad problem really - great people, great minds, great parties, great plays...life is sort of extraordinary!

When I got to Denver, I think I was already planning my escape route - Grad School in 2009, MFA here I come...but the longer I spend here, the less I'm ready to leave again in a year. I've spent most of my 20's leaving places just as I get to know them, and I have a feeling about Denver, I have a feeling that there's a lot I can do here.

Which leads me to the play update for April. What a lot of theatre there is to see!!!
Tonight - Gee's Bend at the Denver Center. And at the Denver Center, in the next 2 weeks, we'll also be checking out Doubt and The Merry Wives of Windsor. The only production I've heard anything about is Merry Wives and that was "Fun Play!' so I'm anxious to see what all there is to see there! I like going to shows at the Denver Center - rarely am I stunned and blown away by their productions, but it's guaranteed to be strong and well produced and certainly worth seeing! PLUS, since we both teach there - tickets are free! YAY! What's better than that?
On Friday at noon, Frog and Toad at Arvada Center. I saw this at the Goodman while I was in Chicago and it was arguably the best children's theatre I've ever seen, so I'm psyched for this!Then, on Monday - Oleanna at the Avenue Theatre with new friend Elgin in it - great reviews from the post and I've loved everything I've seen her in (which admittedly is all children's theatre, so this should be quite a departure!). Then, I've got to find a date to see The Birthday Party at Germinal and Dinner with Friends at Vintage...

THEN...there's an awesome SITI company workshop on 4/20 which I cannot wait for! It's 6 hours of Suzuki and Viewpoints work which promises to wear me out and do some soul and creative rejuvenation that I am in desparate need of! AND...I'm directing one of the Curious New Voices science plays...it's a brilliant little script about government birth control called The 10 Billionth Baby and I'm thrilled for that. It's going to perform at an eco conference in Fort Collins. I'm all over the place :)

Seriously though - life is great. I have a feeling 28 is going to be the best year yet, hands down! B. and I are going with 3 other friends to Ireland to produce The Zoo Story at an outdoor ampitheatre in August...AWESOME!

Speaking of B., I think I may not have really dedicated enough space on this blog to discuss how deeply I am in love with him, and thoroughly amazing it is to get to live with your best friend - to share successes and excitement as well as disappointments and sadness. To get to play together all the time - I have never laughed so much in my life as I have these past almost 9 months...to count on one another when we need help, and to bring joy to one another in all those little ways that you can do in a day - and to realize that while I have only been lucky enough to know this incredible man for just over 2 years...i have never in my life been known and loved by another person in this way...and I can't wait to experience all the rest of my life with him.

I am indeed, a lucky ducky. And I have ALOT to do in the next 48 hours...2 lesson plans, play research...LIFE IS GOOD!

No comments: