Saturday, November 29, 2008

...the sun and the moon and the apple trees...

There's a fabulous lady, the princess Aly, who posted a recent blog with a little crash course in the things that she was thankful for and I thought it sounded like a divine idea...particularly as I enter hour 11 of my 13 hour workday. So here it is - a list of just a very few of the things that I am particularly thankful for.

1. For only having 2 more hours left until I can go home tonight
2. For having amazing jobs that I love, and getting to work as much as I want to most of the time
3. For being given the amazing opportunity to teach children, and teach them art...
4. For all the more things that they teach me
5. For Brian...really, he's the number one thing that I'm thankful for. He makes me laugh, he loves me something fierce, and is so beautiful and strong and a daily inspiration to me in so many ways. I am a better and more full person for the (almost) 3 years that I've spent with him, and I am the luckiest girl I know.
6. For our cozy and wonderful little house, with its fireplace...for snuggling in on snowy days
7. For Denver, and it's 300 blue days a year, and it's dry cold, and its mountain skyscape
8. For music that gets you up and dancing...especially for Elvis, and the Beatles, and Lucinda Williams
9. For great books, and the New Yorker, and scripts, and libraries and the way that books smell
10. For hot beverages
11. For the Princess Aly - the best girlfriend a girl could dream of...for her living close by, and always taking me seriously, and for our adventures, and for our inside jokes, and shared history, and for her cooking, and her taste in wine :)
12. For amazing people and friends - old and new, that I've been lucky enough to always be surrounded by (that's YOU!)
13. For a beautiful, dysfunctional, loving, rowdy, supportive, and blustery family - who may not always have it "right," but is always right for me.
14. For people who actually do read my silly blogs (that's YOU too!)
15. For raspberry cordials
16. For the chance to travel
17. For theatre. For art. For hopes and dreams. ...and Julie Taymoor and Ang Lee and Peter Brooks and Augosto Boal and Amadeo Modigliani
18. Because you believe.
19. For pizza.
20. For board games, especially Apples to Apples
21. For Mississippi with its complex history, and its ugliness, and the sometimes surprising beauty that can spring out of that ugliness
22. For a new bedspread and old teddy bears
23. For almost being done with my Christmas shopping
24. For babies
25. For life, the joyous and tragic life that it is...but all mine.

So, that felt really great - perhaps I'll do it again soon. Thanks for checking in! :)

2 comments:

Erica said...

I am thankful for you! I love love love you!
Send my love to Brian for me, too!
xoxoxox

AlyJMc said...

What a BEAUTIFUL and loving letter to the world! Thank you ;)
Raspberry cordials? I like this idea...