Friday, February 29, 2008

It's not everyday you can say it's today!

In fact, it's really only once every 1,460 days that you can say it's February 29th - and here it is - today. We're living in a day that we only get to have every 4 years. Yeah, yeah, I know it's got more to do with some archaeic decision of how to measure the moments...or perhaps it's really the most valid scientic designation based on the earth's rotation...either way...it's always seemed bizarrely random to me. And yet, in the days approaching February 29, 2008 - I was struck with the beauty of it, the opportunity. Here's a day that won't occur again for 4 more years. It seems pretty outside of reality. And yet, there folks are, just blindly carrying on, acting as though it's any other day. Like cattle, every four years we adjust our brains to writing 02/29/08 and not thinking twice about it...we just go along with it all, without pausing to think about what a shining and miraculous day it is. (I suppose that could be said about most days though really...)

I, however, am celebrating! I've got my red skirt and new socks on. I spent the morning rocking out to Bonnie and Lucinda, dancing through the yard on a truly spectacular spring-is-nearly-here kind of day! I'm trying something new with my hair. Tonight I get to watch my most brilliant and beautiful beloved open a show that promises to get down deep into your soul, followed by a little booty shaking with Savage Henry! This is a day like none other!

I salute you, Leap Year!

No comments: